Best Practices of user generated content moderation / content review
When moderating user-generated content (UGC), there are several key points to keep in mind:
- Be consistent: Develop a set of clear guidelines for UGC and enforce them consistently across all content.
- Be transparent: Clearly communicate your moderation policies and procedures to users.
- Be prompt: Respond to reports of inappropriate content in a timely manner.
- Be flexible: Be willing to adapt your moderation policies and procedures as needed.
- Be respectful: Treat all users with respect and consider their perspective when moderating content.
- Be aware of laws and regulations: Keep up-to-date with laws and regulations related to UGC and ensure that your moderation practices are in compliance.
- Be mindful of context: Consider the context in which content is posted and the potential impact it may have on other users.
- Be fair: Be fair and impartial in your moderation decisions and avoid discrimination.
- Be prepared: Be prepared to handle difficult situations, such as hate speech or harassment, and have a plan in place for dealing with them.
- Be accountable: Be accountable for your moderation decisions and be willing to accept feedback and criticism.